About us and this policy
For Earth LLP is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out who we are and how and why we collect, store, use and share your personal information. This policy applies to your use of www.thegoodroute.in (the “Site”) or any services offered through or associated with the Site (the “Services”).
The Site is owned and operated by For Earth LLP, a limited liability partnership registered in India (the “Company” or “us”). It is our endeavour to fully comply with applicable Indian laws governing data privacy, including, the Information Technology Act, 2000 and the Information Technology (Reasonable Security and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Data or Information) Rules, 2011 which govern the collection, use and disclosure of sensitive personal data or information collected from our users (“you”/”user“) and duly published as required under applicable Indian laws.
In this policy, “we”, “us” “our” or “Company” refers to For Earth LLP.
How we collect your data
Most of the data we collect is collected directly from you—you give us personal data when you visit our Site or when you communicate with us in person, via social media or by email. This includes data you provide when you fill out forms on our Site (like registering to use the Site, subscribing to our mailing list, placing an order or using other interactive features). We may also receive information from third parties, like analytics providers, payment service providers, third-party accounts you use to log in to our Site (like Google or Facebook) and other third parties we use to help us deliver our Services. For more information on how these companies handle your personal data, please refer to their privacy policies.
Data we collect
The personal data we collect about you includes your name and contact information (like email address, phone number, mailing address), billing information and payment card information, location data, behavioural data (like information about past orders and how you use our Site.
How and why we use your data
Under data protection laws, we can only use your personal information if we have a proper reason for doing so, such as complying with our legal and regulatory obligations, fulfilling contractual obligations to you (or taking any steps at your request before entering into a contract), where you have given consent for our (or a third party’s) legitimate interest. (A “legitimate interest” is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information, which is a proper reason for using your personal data as long as it’s not overridden by your own rights and interests.) This section explains what we use your personal information for and our reasons for doing so.
- Providing our Site to you. We use your personal data to administer the Site, to ensure content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device, as part of our efforts to keep the Site safe and secure and to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Site (when you choose to do so). We use your personal data this way for our legitimate interests in maintaining our Site.
- Providing Services to you. We use your personal data for internal operations, to administer and manage your account, respond to communications from you and provide you with information you request from us, notify you about changes to the Services and carry out any other obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and the brands. We use your personal data this way to fulfil contractual obligations to you (or take steps at your request before entering into a contract).
- Improving our Site and Services. We use your personal data to make our Site and Services better, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- Improving our marketing. We use your personal data to measure and understand the effectiveness of our marketing efforts, deliver relevant marketing to you and make relevant suggestions and recommendations to you. We use your personal data this way for our legitimate interests in promoting our business and Services.
- Complying with legal obligations. We also use your personal data to comply with legal obligations like mandatory reporting and record retention, ensuring confidentiality of commercially sensitive information and responding to any requests from regulatory or legal authorities.
Marketing and promotional communications
We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal information for promotional purposes, which means we don’t usually need your consent to send you these types of communications. However, we’ll only send you updates about Services you have used or that we think you might be interested in, including exclusive offers, promotions or new Services. We won’t subscribe you to our mailing list without your explicit consent. You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by the following opt-out links on such marketing messages or by contacting us at [email protected]
Who we share your data with
We routinely share personal information with third parties we use to help run our business and deliver our Services (like payment gateways, logistic companies we use to facilitate deliveries, Google Analytics to help us understand how users interact with our Site, WordPress to host our website and for account management.
We may disclose and exchange information with law enforcement agencies and regulatory bodies to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, enforce any of our rights or protect ourselves and others.
We may also need to share some personal information with other parties, such as potential buyers of some or all of our business or during a restructuring. The recipient will only be permitted to use the data for the purposes we originally collected it for, and they will be bound by confidentiality obligations.
By default, most internet browsers accept cookies, but you can choose to enable or disable some or all cookies via the settings on your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all cookies or only third party cookies. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
Some of the cookies we use are essential for the Site to operate. If you use your browser settings to block essential cookies, you may not be able to access all or parts of our Site.
Changes to this policy